I’m currently writing a WordPress security guide for beginners. “Brittany, you just wrote a WordPress guide last week and told us about it. Why are you writing another one?” Because people are buying that guide and I have more expertise to share.
Why Am I Writing A WordPress Security Guide For Beginners?
The main reason I’m writing a WordPress security guide for beginners because many people don’t know how to properly secure their WordPress installations nor their website. And data security is so crucial today that you can’t just guess at it or think one security tool will protect everything.
Also, I want to provide one single guide that people can go to for information. Oh yes, anyone can search online about “how to secure a WordPress website” but they’re going to get millions of results and don’t know where to start. In addition, many of those articles won’t be written toward beginners which will leave them more confused. And they’ll have to do more research to understand what certain terms mean.
Finally, I don’t want people to get hacked. Every website in the world, including this one, is under attack all day everyday. And if an individual doesn’t use good security practices and/or tools a successful hack is mostly likely to happen in the future. I don’t want that to happen.
What Will My Guide Cover?
My guide to discuss the following:
- Securing your web hosting account
- How to create an original password
- Ways to protect your domain name ownership
- Why enabling domain privacy keeps you and your site secure
- Explain what are name servers and how to protect them
- Securing your website’s traffic with a SSL certificate
- Explain the different types of SSL certificates
- If using a free certificate a good idea
- Securing your WordPress installation
- How to protect the WordPress admin user account
- Managing the user roles properly
- How to enable notifications and/or alerts
- Best practices for installing WordPress updates
- Tips on how to create a backup strategy
- Where to find trusted themes and/or plugins
- A thorough review of various types of WordPress security plugins
- Various other topics
Don’t miss another article by subscribing to my newsletter! Get my articles before they’re published!