The February article theme for my blog is lesser-known individuals in Black History!
February Article Theme: Why Focus On Lesser-Known Individuals In Black History?
Because there are so many lesser-known Black scientists, artists, inventors, and more who made their mark in Black History.
During February you’ll see profiles about Martin Luther King, Jr., Malcolm X, Rosa Parks, and Booker T. Washington on the Internet and TV. Why?
- Those are the “Greatest Hits”
- The promos are already made
It takes time to find lesser-known individuals and read their backgrounds. Hence, the media discussing Black History Month may not have the personnel to do this research. Which leads into playing the “Greatest Hits” over and over.
Articles About The Individuals In Black History
Every 10am post during my publishing schedule discusses an individual. In turn, I’m profiling Black people improving HVAC systems, coding popular software, and making advancements in medicine. Given that, I’m adding more facts to my Black History Facts Generator. (Speaking of which, I redesigned it and there will be an article.)
Other Articles This Month
Every 3pm post during my publishing schedule discuss other content not related to the theme. So what will I cover?
- I’m doing the Carnivore Diet for an entire week in January and discuss my experience with it.
- After reading The Millionaire Next Door and thinking about it for a good month, I’m reviewing it.
- Regarding my “Tech Pro” side, I’m doing Show-and-Tell with my backup server.
- Also on that technical note, I’m writing about tech jobs that aren’t software development, debate whether software bootcamps a good idea, work/life realities as a tech worker, and more!
- On a personal note, I talk about my reasons for not having a pet, and why I’m selfish.
And this is just the tip of the iceberg. Check back every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 10am and 3pm Eastern for a new post. Finally, if you have an idea for a topic you want me to cover, please email it to me! Head over to the Contact Brittany page for the contact form.